EJERCICIOS INGLES 2
1. Une estas oraciones con un pronombre RELATIVO. Indica si son defining o non-defining.
1) Alice asked Richard Gere for his autograph. She had immediately recognized him.
2) We arranged to meet at a place. Its location had to be kept secret.
3) The restaurant was one of the best in the city. He couldn’t remember its name.
4) Peter was fitter than me. I used to play tennis with him on Sundays.
5) The boat was blue and white. He built it himself.
6) Ana met a man. He’s going to sail round the world.
7) The new stadium will be opened next week. It holds 90.000 people.
8) Nicolas II was the last czar of Russia. You were referring to him.
9) The boat is called “Morning Star”. Tom built it.
10) Mr. Jones was very generous. I was working for him.
11) The fingerprints were his. They were found on the gun.
12) We decided not to swim in the sea. It looked rather dirty.
13) That’s the man. His jacket was found yesterday morning.
14) Tom has got married. We saw him at the cinema.
15) Where is the typist? She typed my letter.
16) Those are the tourists. Their luggage arrived late.
17) The music was awful. They played it at the disco.
18) The Great Fire of London destroyed a large part of the city. It broke out in 1666.
19) I visited Liverpool. We used to live there.
20) Do you remember the day? I gave you the present then.
2. Reescribe estas oraciones en ESTILO INDIRECTO.
1) “She hates me” he said.
5) “Do you like reading?” she wanted to know.
2) “We don’t want to travel” he told me.
“Where did he live? They wondered.
3) “We have visited our family” she said.
“Please help me” he asked her.
4) “Why is she crying?” he asked.
“Mary, don’t shout at me! Peter ordered.
3. Escribe estas oraciones en ED o EI, según corresponda.
1)He asked me if I was enjoying the party.
2) “I will go with you to the cinema
tomorrow” she told him.
3) She wanted to know why I had bought a
6) “Where are you going for your holidays?”
she asked him.
7) “Come to my house tomorrow!” he told her.
8) The man said that he should go the next
4) “I’m cleaning my father’s car” he said.
9) He said that his chair was broken.
5) “I can’t finish until tomorrow” he told me.
10) She ordered Tom not to shout at her.
4. Reescribe estas oraciones en EI usando REPORTING VERBS.
1) “What about going to the park?” He suggested.
2) “Don’t forget to send me a message tomorrow.” He reminded me.
3) “Sorry, I have broken your glasses.” She apologised.
4) “It was Peter who stole the money.” He declared.
5) “It was me who phoned you last night.” She admitted.
6) “You shouldn’t eat so many sweets.” They advised Anna.
7) “Open the window!” He ordered Mary.
8) “If I were you, I’d practise any sport.” She advised Tom.
9) “I’ll help you clean your car.” He offered.
10) “All right, I’ll phone him tonight.” He decided.
5. Completa las oraciones con el correspondiente verbo MODAL.
1) You look sick, you ___ to go to the doctor.
5) She ___ play the guitar, but she ___
2) You ___ wear a seat belt when the plane is
play the piano.
6) He’s studying literature, so he ___
3) You ___ sit down all the time when the
like reading books.
plane is in the air.
7) You ___ steal anything.
4) ___ I help you? No, you ___. I have to do it
8) She ___ be your mother, she is only
6. Reescribe estas oraciones utilizando un MODAL con infinitivo de perfecto o simple.
1) I’m sure that he didn’t use a calculator. HE…
2) It wasn’t necessary for you to tell him that. YOU…
3) It is wrong of you to copy her work.
4) She didn’t come to school today. I’m sure that she is ill.
5) Perhaps she borrowed your dictionary.
6) The authorities prohibit smoking in public places.
7) You’re required to use the seat belt when the plane is taking off.
8) Maybe she’ll go to Brazil next week.
9) There was no need for you to buy a new car.
10) It is impossible that he went to the cinema yesterday. He was at home.
7. Haz preguntas sobre las partes subrayadas.
1) Tom stole the money.
4) I’ve just found a wallet full of money.
2) I saw him at the party last night.
5) I want to go to the beach next weekend.
3) They want the blue jeans.
6) There were 15 horses running.